ABOUT THIS PROJECT
The Campbell River Airport (YBL) is getting ready to welcome some much-needed rehabilitation and replacements to some of its heavily used infrastructure. The City has received financial support from Transport Canada’s Airport Capital Assistance Program (ACAP). YBL applied back in 2020 and was successful with Transport Canada contributing approximately $4.3 million towards Airport assets renewals with the City providing the remaining funding.
The Campbell River airport requires upgrading and replacement of the runway lighting, visual aids and taxiway "B". The following list provides a general understanding of what these improvements are:
- Mill and overlay of the pavement along taxiway bravo
- Crack sealing to reduce risk of FOD (foreign objects)
- Mill and Pave existing asphalt to 100 mm and addition of new concrete aircraft stands for Apron 1
- Replace Runway 12 SSLAR (solar lights)
- Replace Runway 30 ODALS with SALS (directional lights)
- Replace PAPI (runway approach path indicator lights)
- Replace Airfield Signage
- Replace Windsocks
- Replace Beacon
- Replace Apron Floodlights
- Install Backup Wireless Communication for ALCS (lighting)
- Install New Fire Suppression and Alarm in the FEC (field electrical centre)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
GETTING AROUND DURING CONSTRUCTION
All of the work is limited to the Campbell River Airport site so there is no disruption to traffic expected as part of this project and the City’s intentions are to minimize disruptions to the airport operations.
CURRENT TRAFFIC NOTIFICATIONS
No notifications at this time.
For more information, contact the Capital Project Department at email@example.com or 250-286-5756