Our Mission Statement
To enhance lifestyle and health of the community by offering quality programs and services, for all ages, stages and abilities, based on public consultation.
We believe in breaking barriers. The Recreation and Culture Department is committed to assisting people of all abilities to participate in our entire range of recreation programs, activities and special events.
Whether you are interested in sports, general fitness, weight lifting, arts and crafts, kids & teen programs, or disc golf, we have the facility for you! Be fit and have fun!
Campbell River Community Centre, Campbell River V9W 4G2
Email: email@example.com with questions concerns
FACILITY RENTALS: INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Liability and Insurance Requirements
The City of Campbell River requires Comprehensive General Liability Insurance from applicants requesting the use of Municipal Property where;
- Alcohol is to be served.
- The number of participants exceeds one hundred & fifty (150) persons.
- The planned activity is considered by the City to be a higher risk in nature and likely result in injury to the participants, guests, spectators, or other users of the property.
The Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements are:
Confirmation that the required insurance is currently in force must be submitted to the Recreation & Culture Department a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event. The policy must include:
- The City of Campbell River and/or School District 72 is (are) to be listed on the policy as an additional insured.
- Cross Liability Clause/Severability of Interest.
- Comprehensive General Liability Policy of not less than $2,000,000 ($3,000,000 if alcohol is served). CGL protects against third party claims for bodily injury, death, or property damage.
- Property loss and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.
Cross Liability Defined
In the event of claims being made by reason of Personal Insurance and/or Property Damage suffered by one Insured herein for which another Insured herein is or may be liable, the Policy shall cover such Insured against whom a claim is made or may be made in the same manner as if separate policies had been issued to each Insured herein.
To apply for a Special Occasion Licence, please fill out the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and bring into the Community Centre at 401, 11th Avenue, Campbell River.
For rental information about Spirit Square, please visit www.spiritsquare.ca.