Snow is in the forecast and hazardous winter conditions may occur.
City crews and equipment are ready to apply salt and plow arterial routes when snow accumulates. For public safety, the top priority is to keep these major routes passable and when resources allow, the City will move on to collector and local routes.
City crews will be working hard to keep the community clear and safe during this winter storm event, and remind residents that there are ways to help, too! Here’s how you can prepare and assist:
- Park off the street – both during and after a snowstorm – so plows can clear snow.
- Whether an owner or renter of residential property, clear snow and ice from sidewalks and don’t shovel snow onto the road.
- Contractors: Do not pile snow on the City Right of Way when cleaning snow from commercial businesses, as it causes issues for City crews removing snow off the streets.
- Owners or tenants of all commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings: Clear sidewalks by 10 a.m. on days buildings are open.
- Keep the catch basin grates in front of your property clear to help prevent puddles and flooding once the snow melts.
- Be sure to have good snow tires and an emergency kit when driving.
- For everyone’s safety, don’t try to pass or closely follow snowplows.
City staff will update residents on the latest road clearing conditions on the City website and social media. Please avoid calling the City for snow removal updates as this helps staff focus on clearing the roads as quickly as possible.
People who need fire, ambulance or police help in an emergency should call 911. City crews work closely with police, fire and ambulance. When necessary, crews clear a residential route for emergency responders. Please help keep fire hydrants clear of snow.
For information on snow clearing and the City’s winter road management policy, visit campbellriver.ca/snow.
For the latest weather information, visit https://weather.gc.ca/.
For winter driving tips and information, visit https://bit.ly/3sNYjZ9.