- Further opportunities for public feedback in the new year.
In November, the City of Campbell River held two virtual meetings and an online survey to gather feedback about proposed amendments to two Development Permit Areas in the Official Community Plan.
The proposed amendments are:
- Adding Great Blue Heron nest trees to the Bald Eagle nest tree Development Permit Area guidelines
2. Improving the Steep Slope Development Permit Area guidelines for human safety and adding additional environmental guidelines
Key messages heard during the virtual meetings and from the online survey include:
- Organize additional engagement opportunities to discuss the proposed amendments, with separate events for Great Blue Herons and Steep Slopes
- Focus on landslide risk and human safety guidelines within the Steep Slope Development Permit Area, and consider environmental guidelines in the future apart from this process
- Ensure residents affected by amendments to the Steep Slope Development Permit guidelines are aware of the changes
Another key takeaway from the public input was that there is strong support for greater tree protection, but there is also strong support for maintaining views with no additional regulations.
Read the full news release