L.I.F.E. PROGRAM INFORMATION Leisure Involvement for Everyone
Everyone needs a bit of fun in their life!
If lack of funds is hindering your participation in Parks, Recreation & Culture Programs then register your family for the LIFE program, which offers discounted program fees.
This program has been designed to provide healthy lifestyle opportunities to residents of Campbell River who face financial challenges.
The L.I.F.E. program will provide each eligible person with:
- 52 Free Drop-In admissions (pool, weight room and some drop-in programs and classes)
- 50% reduction in fee for three (3) City of Campbell River Recreation programs (some exceptions apply);
- May also be eligible the BC Hydro and FortisBC's FREE Energy Conservation Assistance Program. For more information, View OFFER.
- Applications are available at the Sportsplex and the Campbell River Community Centre or you can print our LIFE Brochure 2017-2018 form.
- The L.I.F.E. application form must be completed in full and submitted to a Sportsplex or Community Centre office staff person. Proof of residency will be required with current address. A driver's license or current utility bill can be used for proof of residency.
- Applicant must meet the income requirements outlined on the application form. Notice of Assessment, current "GAIN", EI, Disability or Pension Stub can be used for proof of income.
- L.I.F.E. cards will be cancelled if information provided on the application is false.]
- Each member of the family is entitled to one L.I.F.E. card, good for one calendar year.
L.I.F.E. Card Use Procedures
- Card must be presented for the reduced fee to be applied.
- Cards are non transferable, not for cash and not for credit.
KIDSPORT SO ALL KIDS CAN PLAY!
At KidSport we believe that no child should be left on the sidelines. That's why KidSport eliminates the financial barriers to sport participation. KidSport is a community-based sport charity that provides grants for Canadian children age 6 to 18 to participate in a recognized sport, lead by a qualified coach. The sport must be affiliated with a member organization of Sport BC and must be a member of the Campbell River KidSport organization.
- CR Synchronized Swim Club
- CR Salmon Kings Summer Swim Society
- CR In-Line Hockey Association
- CR Minor Lacrosse Association
- CR Youth Soccer Association
- CR Killer Whales Swim Club
- CR Gymnastics Association
- CR Shito-Ryu Athlete Support Society (Karate)
- CR Wado Karate
- CR Minor Hockey Association
- CR Minor Baseball
- CR Tackle Football (Fighting Eagles)
- CR Volleyball Club
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
JumpStart is a community-based charitable program that helps kids in financial need to participate in organized sport and recreation. To request funding for a program complete the attached application form and return it to the Community Centre 401-11th Avenue. If you require more information regarding the program call 250-286-1161.
Canadian Tire JumpStart Program Application Form