The purpose of the Tourism Advisory Committee is to provide policy advice and recommendations to Council to deliver the community's tourism vision and make Campbell River a destination of choice.
The Committee will focus on:
- Destination marketing in target markets to increase the number of overnight stays in paid accommodation.
- Visitor servicing that provides information where/when/how visitors prefer to support longer stays and increased spending, plus education and training to help Campbell River deliver remarkable visitor experiences.
- Destination development by working with partners to ensure tourism knowledge and expertise and the visitor perspective is considered in all significant local projects/ventures.
- Paul Dowler
- Harley Elias
- Stephen Gabrysh
- Bev Herperger
- Sarah Nicholson
- Wayne Nikolaisen
- Tom Olsen
- Jonathon Shead
- Bruce Woytuik
NON-VOTING LIAISON MEMBERS
- Councillor Ron Kerr and Councillor Claire Moglove representing the City of Campbell River
- Mary Ruth Snyder representing the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
- One individual representing the 4 following organizations: Campbellton Neighbourhood Association, Downtown Heart of the City BIA, Pier St. Association, Willow Point BIA
Meeting schedule to be determined