The Campbell River airport requires upgrading and replacement of the runway lighting, visual aids and taxiway "B". The following list provides a general understanding of what these improvements are:
- Mill and overlay of the pavement along taxiway bravo
- Crack sealing to reduce risk of FOD (foreign objects)
- Mill and Pave existing asphalt to 100 mm and addition of new concrete aircraft stands for Apron 1
- Replace Runway 12 SSLAR (solar lights)
- Replace Runway 30 ODALS with SALS (directional lights)
- Replace PAPI (runway approach path indicator lights)
- Replace Airfield Signage
- Replace Windsocks
- Replace Beacon
- Replace Apron Floodlights
- Install Backup Wireless Communication for ALCS (lighting)
- Install New Fire Suppression and Alarm in the FEC (field electrical centre)
Questions and Answers
Please contact the project team if you have any questions or concerns at:
Email email@example.com or telephone 250-923-5012.
Information on what this project involves and Frequently Asked Questions. more...
GETTING AROUND DURING CONSTRUCTION
All of the work is limited to the Campbell River Airport site so there is no disruption to traffic expected as part of this project and the City’s intentions are to minimize disruptions to the airport operations.
Follow along with current project updates and milestones more...