The purpose of the Tourism Advisory Committee is to provide policy advice and recommendations to Council to deliver the community's tourism vision and make Campbell River a destination of choice.
The Committee will focus on:
- Destination marketing in target markets to increase the number of overnight stays in paid accommodation.
- Visitor servicing that provides information where/when/how visitors prefer to support longer stays and increased spending, plus education and training to help Campbell River deliver remarkable visitor experiences.
- Destination development by working with partners to ensure tourism knowledge and expertise and the visitor perspective is considered in all significant local projects/ventures.
- Sukhy Bains
- Paul Dowler
- Harley Elias
- Stephen Gabrysh
- Sarah Nicholson
- Wayne Nikolaisen
- JP Obbagy
- Tom Olsen
- Jonathon Shead
NON-VOTING LIAISON MEMBERS
- Bev Herperger representing the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
- Councillor Michele Babchuk and Councillor Claire Moglove representing the City of Campbell River
- One individual representing the 4 following organizations: Campbellton Neighbourhood Association, Downtown Heart of the City BIA, Pier St. Association, Willow Point BIA
- Rose Klukas, Staff Liaison (250) 286-5738 or email email@example.com
- Hope Ross, Administrative Assistant (250) 286-5773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting schedule to be determined
Application for Appointment to Tourism Advisory Committee (fillable form)
Note: The fillable application form can be submitted electronically, but is only compatible with Internet Explorer. Those using browsers such as Google Chrome or Safari, will have to remit the form by regular means.