Canadian entrepreneurs are changing the country’s economy.
Traditional sectors like energy and automotive currently account for nearly 50% of Canada’s GDP, but the economy is shifting to become more diverse. Modern entrepreneurs are actively looking towards the next big industries, while still innovating in the traditional ones. They are contributing to a new, sustainable economy.
Are you ready to be part of the change?
We know that small businesses are the backbone of our city and that the creativity and energy of entrepreneurs are key to keeping Campbell River a vibrant and exciting place to live.
The City of Campbell River Economic Development is delighted to partner with North Island College to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills. We’re doing this by offering 20 seats in an Entrepreneurship Boot Camp . . . at no charge! This is one of several workshops we’ll be offering during the fall.
If you sign up, you can expect to:
· Complete a competition analysis.
· Align a business concept with a real market opportunity.
· Find a target market and discover a competitive advantage.
· Determine the unique features and benefits of the product or service.
· Create a business plan and set realistic financial goals for the business.
· Define the company’s brand and build a marketing plan.
· Identify potential sources of funding for start-ups.
This course is designed for those who would like to explore the viability of an idea they have for a business.
Need more information? Please join us September 12th at noon for an information session. We’ll provide a light lunch and you’ll leave armed with information that will help you succeed as a modern entrepreneur.
See you on September 12th!